Saturday, February 21, 2009

Taran's Birthday

Well, to give you a quick update, it's Saturday night, 5 days after my due date, and Benjamin has still not made an appearance. Thankfully, I am scheduled for an induction Monday, if he doesn't decide to get his rear in gear. Personally, I'm not holding my breath. But I'm all good, because my mom came late Thursday night (YAY!!!) and we're having a great time waiting around.

Actually, today we went to Lowe's and got everything we need to do two garden boxes and some landscaping in our backyard. So we're keeping busy. Actually, I'm starting to get a little freaked out, because all of sudden, there's no more time left, and I feel like there's still a bunch of things that I need to get done. Not for the baby to come, but just for real life to continue; like, do the laundry, pay the bills, etc. Oh well, it will all work out just fine, I'm sure.

Anyway, the real reason that I posted it that I wanted to put up the pictures of Taran's birthday before it got too late. The castle cake that I promised her did in fact make an appearance, but I will not say that it was my best work. In fact, there's no way that I would put this in my portfolio, but she enjoyed it, so that's what really counts. She was so excited by the cake and all her presents, that she just couldn't contain herself, as you can see. Anyway, I hope you enjoy, and I hope to have some good news in a day and a half. :o)




3 comments:

  1. Your cake decorating skills always amaze me! I am glad to here that your womb will be baby free by Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the cake looks amamzing! Cant wait to meet the new additiont to the family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie, I am dying for a baby picture, I check everyday- you don't have to write the whole story or anything, just one picture of the baby. Thanks, Love you, EMily

    ReplyDelete