Monday, February 2, 2009

In All My Glory. . .Sort of



Well, faithful readers, I thought I should give you an update of my pregnancy, especially since I only have 2 weeks left. Ok, actually, starting tomorrow I will have 2 official weeks left. But whose counting? (I am!!!!)

There is a girl in our ward who is a professional photographer, and she was building up her portfolio of "belly" pictures. So she asked all the pregnant women in our ward if she could photograph them when they were seriously showing, and she just took some of me last week (see above). She's really talented, and did a great job job. Although I think it's fairly ironic to want to take professional pictures of me when I'm at my fattest.

Anyway, to let you know how it's all going, I am huge as a house, and swollen everywhere. I don't sleep well because I am up going to the bathroom at least 7 or 8 times a night. No exaggeration. Plus I have such bad acid reflux that I need to sleep on a tower of pillows to get my torso elevated. It's not as comfortable as it sounds. Or at all. As a matter of fact, I think one of the things that I will look forward to the most about not being pregnant is sleeping flat. My hips are killing me from sleeping wierd and from my joints loosening up. I literally waddle down the street, rolling from side to side. I look at myself, wondering how I can continue to get bigger from week to week, and yet it keeps happening. Oh, and here is a photographic illustration of my swollen feet and legs. First, the feet look kind of big, but normal-ish:

Then I lift up my pants, and you see the horror:

Believe it or not, this isn't even the worst that it can get. If I'm on my feet for too long, or even sitting without putting my feet up, it's seriously ugly. Well, ugly-er.

I wish I had some better info for you, but as of right now I'm barely starting to dialate, and nothing has changed for a while. Hopefully I'll have better news next week.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you only have two weeks left! Well, you can probably believe it, but to me it seems like the time has just flown by.

    Also, you look AMAZING in your belly pics. When you described it, I was imagining a bare belly, which kinda surprised me. I must say I think you look gorgeous, especially in that third one where you're walking down the alley. And you really don't look huge or houselike, just pregnant - and a normal-pregnant at that. Beautiful, I say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie,
    I am sorry we are not living closer, I would tickle your back until you fell asleeo and then I would take your kids to the park. I can just fel the tiredness and sick of being pregnant-ness. Anyway I thought you looked really pretty also and I can't wait to see the new baby. Also you might want to try support hose- they sound aweful but they really helped my mom (the improve circulation kind from the drug store) getting off her feet wasn't an option and they saved her. Love you!

    ReplyDelete