Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Let it Snow!!

A couple of weeks ago we had an actual snowstorm that gave us 6 inches of snow and a couple of days off of school to play in the wonderful white stuff. I was beyond happy, and really enjoyed the whole thing. Surprisingly enough, I also enjoyed the fact that it only lasted for about 2 1/2 days. I guess I'm becoming acclimated to North Carolina after all. Actually, if it would snow like this just a couple of times a year, once before Christmas, and once after, I think I would be completely happy with North Carolina, and never get those overwhelming urges to move to Chicago that I get every so often.

The kids had a fabulous time playing in the snow, although Kelcey and I called it quits long before anyone else was ready to go in. I was amazed at their staying power, especially because we didn't have any real snow pants or clothes for them. They don't even sell that stuff in NC, except at specialty stores. Jeff was such a good sport too, pulling the kids around the yard on our boogie board, since we also don't own any sleds.

The snow was actually too powder-y to build a snowman that first day, believe it or not, but by the second day, as it was starting to melt, it was perfect. We had to raid our neighbor's yard for enough snow, but it was lots of fun. I couldn't bend over to pack snow very well, but I was able to find stuff for the eyes and nose. All in all, we had a fabulous time, and really enjoyed the extra couple of days of vacation.





No comments:

Post a Comment