Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Cankle update

As of today I have less than a week left, officially, but my kids never seem to be in a hurry, so we'll have to see when this little guy actually makes an appearance. My feet/ankles are so swollen they look they're blown up like balloons; to the point where I can only fit into my flip-flops (luckily, we live in North Carolina), and they still leave marks in my puffy feet.

Jarom told me the other day that he hopes that Benjamin comes soon so that I "won't be fat anymore, and look like the people in Wall-E who can't get off their chairs." Seriously, those were his words. I would be upset, except for that it's so true. So I just laughed hysterically instead. :o) Because I do kind of look like the people in Wall-E! I am so swollen that you can't really see "me" anymore, and it's really hard for me to get up once I've sat down.

I feel bad for the kids because this is their last chance to have me to themselves before the baby comes, but I just barely can stand to have anyone touching me. When they try to crawl into my lap I can deal with it for about 5 minutes, and then I need them to get up. Hopefully they won't be too emotionally scarred. I keep telling myself, kids are resilient, but how long does that argument work?

Anyway, I have an OB-Gyn appointment tomorrow, and if I have any good news I'll post that. Or bad news too, I guess.

Taran's birthday is Friday, and I have promised her a "Castle cake" with pink frosting. It actually shouldn't be too hard to do, if I can manage to stand up long enough to put the darn thing together. In my head it's really adorable, and I'll post some pictures of that if it turns out at all.

Well, here's hoping that Benjamin doesn't decide to overstay his welcome. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment