Saturday, October 18, 2008

Why I should never cut my girls' hair

Taran really wanted to grow her hair out last winter because all the girls in her class have long hair. One in particular even has waist long hair that is naturally curly and falls into beautiful ringlets. I tried to soften the blow and let her know that when her hair was long it wouldn't get curly, but to no avail. She had to grow out her hair. So we tried it for about 5 months. Her hair doesn't grow very fast, but it was actually the longest she's ever had it. Unfortunately, it didn't look as cute on her as a short little bob. She has the most adorable little pointed chin, and she just get's lost with longer hair:
I took her to get her hair cut in July, and it was cute, but around the time school started she needed another one. I decided to take matters into my own hands, literally, and cut her hair myself. I have done it before, and it always turned out cute. This time, however, she had the wiggles, and so I had to keep even-ing it out, until the poor girl was just butchered. At least I didn't do her bangs too short, which has been another challenge for me in the past (see above photo), but her hair didn't even reach to the bottom of her ears!
When I was all done, I couldn't believe how short I had cut her hair, and she even said, "Mommy, it's soooooo short!" when she looked in the mirror. Fortunately, she's so cute that she could pull it off, and she just looked adorable!! Jeff and I kept telling her, "You look so pretty!," which seemed to help. But even though it turned out beautiful (on her), I have learned a very valuable lesson: I will never cut my girls' hair again, except for trimming their bangs. Neither one of us needs the stress of going through that again. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment