Monday, October 13, 2008

Giddyup!

When I was about 10 or 11 my little sister, who is 6 years younger than me, was getting a "pony ride" from our dad. She was almost too big for them, but my dad gamely let her get up on his back, and was puffing his way up to her bedroom, when she said, "Ok, Daddy, now. . . prance!" Of course we all laughed ourselves silly, and the story has made it into the folklore of our family history.

A little while ago Jeff was perfoming the same feat for our kids, even doing three at once, when they told him to "Run, Daddy!" The wonderful faith that kids have in their dad's super strength, huh? :o) I have been trying to post a video with this, but I can't seem to get it to download. So here's a couple of pictures to hold you over until I can (hopefully) get my technology to behave, and post the video too.

1 comment:

  1. Just a clarification on the Prance, Daddy story: I was 6, so you would have been 12. It was just after I'd started actual horseback riding lessons, and that day, or the day before, I'd been at my lesson and Sue (remember Sue?) told me that my horse was prancing as it walked around the ring. And so, if my actual horse could do it, surely my dad could too. "Prance, Daddy, prance!"

    ReplyDelete