Saturday, October 4, 2008

I love Autumn!!!

Ok, so I really really love Autumn. It's my favorite time of year, always has been, ever since I lived in Chicago growing up. The nights are cool, the days are warm (but not too warm!!), and everything just looks beautiful with the green grass, the orange pumpkins, and the turning leaves. One of my favorite things to do when I was growing up was to put up our halloween decorations, these cardboard cutouts of black cats, witches, ghosties, etc. Since I've become an honest-to-goodness grown-up, and had my own house, I've taken the decorating for Fall to a new level. I make myself wait until October 1 before I make the changes, but then, look out! :o)

I have a different comforter and pilows/shams for my bedroom:









I change out the flower baskets on the porch, and the wreaths, not to mention adding scarecrows and light-up pumpkins:










I also switch out my inside decorations in the living room on the mantle:










--on the computer:










--and on the movie cabinet:










I actually have a couple more things, like pictures on the wall in the kitchen, and indian corn hanging on the back door, etc. But I didn't want to bore you. More than I already have, that is. :o) Yeah, I might go overboard. Just a bit. And yeah, I have to spend the entire morning lugging plastic storage boxes down from the attic, then lugging them back up, and putting flower baskets up in the attic, etc., but it's worth it. Having the change inside to go with the change of the seasons makes me happy, and the kids get a real kick out of it. Taran was running around the house, exclaiming over every single thing, telling me, "Mommy, it's so bee-uuu-tiful!!" Yup. . . I love Autumn!

No comments:

Post a Comment