Saturday, October 11, 2008

Shelly Lake

On Thursday mornings I go to the Relief Society walking group at Shelly Lake. The route around the lake is 2 miles and takes about 45 minutes, but let me tell you, it is quite a workout, especially since I've been pregnant. Add pushing a 2 year-old and a 4 year-old in a double stroller that is definitely NOT meant to go on a trail, and you'd better believe that I am doing more than just "glowing" by the end of it.
The trail ends at a bridge where we go to feed the ducks. I haven't brought bread the last couple of times, mostly because I'm focusing on the exercising part, and I forget about the ducks. However, this week the girls were so disappointed not to have anything to give the ducks that they decided to sacrifice the goldfish crackers that I had brought for a their snack. So they had a wonderful time throwing "fishies" to the ducks. Kelcey thought it was hilarious, and kept laughing hysterically whenever the ducks would fight over a cracker.

After the walk we always go to the park there so the girls can play for a while. I've included some pictures of that too, for your viewing pleasure. :o)

2 comments:

  1. Taran's hair looks FABULOUS in these pictures! I love how long her bangs are. Did you take her to get it cut again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lot of fun for the kids.

    ReplyDelete