Saturday, November 29, 2008

That's Not Yummy

Soap, that is. We just finished all of our Christmas decorating, and as part of the details, put out our Christmas present from Jeff's brother and sister-in-law. Lis sent this really nice homemade (I think) soap in a soap dish, all wrapped in a cute Christmas towel. The soap was labeled "Christmas Spice," and it really did smell good.

I was in the kitchen making White Christmas (the holiday treat that I only make after Thanksgiving) when I heard Kelcey gagging in the guest bathroom downstairs. I rushed in there, afraid she was choking or throwing up, when I saw that she was spitting out little pieces of soap. She kept spitting, as she she started to cry, and said, "That's not yummy, Mommy!" I realized what had happened: the "Christmas Spice" soap had smelled so good that Kelcey decided to take a bite out of it. I looked closer, and yup, there was a little chunk missing from one of the corners. There were even teeth marks.

I vainly tried to keep from laughing (and miserably failed) as I explained that the soap smelled good, but it sure didn't taste good. I gave her a drink, and giggled again as she kept saying, almost too herself, "That's not yummy!" So funny!! How awesome is it that we get to have these kids forever? :o)

1 comment:

  1. Katie,
    That is so funny! I can just imagine her little face! Also your day at the spa sounded amazing. FYI If you are in Utah for the summer the local ski resorts have fantastic deals at their spas in the off season (summer). You can get half off all treatments.

    ReplyDelete