Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Pretty Pretty Princess

Taran turned 7 this last Sunday, and she asked for a castle cake.  I was not excited to make a castle cake, but when I went to Target to see how much their cakes were ($36.99, before tax!) I was even less excited about buying one, so I bit the bullet, and made the cake.

Those of you who are faithful readers might remember that I made Taran a castle cake a couple of years ago, just before Benjamin was born, and that one did not turn out to be my best work--to put it mildly.  And it would definitely not have passed inspection, the cake was so structurally unsound. 

However, I was able to learn from past experience, and I came up with some refinements, so I think it turned out pretty well.  It's not decorated with a lot of finesse, and I wasn't able to take the time to put it in the fridge and let the layers set, so it's kind of bubbly looking, but it was pink, and Taran loved it, and that's what matters. 

Anyway, here's some pictures of the cake en route,




the finished cake,
and Taran enjoying her castle on the big day:
Maybe in a couple of years it will actually look like the picture in the book.  :o)

2 comments:

  1. Wow Katie the cake looks amazing! Happy Birthday Taran. I cant believe she is 7 already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cake! Your family picture by your profile on the beach is lovely! I am currently dreaming of beach weather.

    ReplyDelete