Monday, December 6, 2010

Evites forever!

I should be doing something productive right now, like doing my budget and putting receipts into my financial spreadsheet (I made it, it's awesome, and I love it, but I still don't do it as often as I should) but Yahoo is down.. . so I can't get to my emails that tell me how much the Christmas presents that I bought online were, so I'm taking a break until Yahoo stops being dumb, and actually writing in my blog.

So, what's the deal about Evites, you ask?  Well, simply put, I am never going to send another written invitation in my entire life, everything will be done by Evite. 

We are having  a big Christmas party next Saturday and the week before Thanksgiving I bought these cute invitations from Target, spent over 2 hours filling them out, went by the post office, bought stamps for almost $17, or something like that, and spent another 20 minutes putting stamps and return address labels on all 31 invitations, which all had clear (I thought) instructions to RSVP to our email address.

Well, 2 weeks later, and only one person had emailed to say whether they were coming or not. (Thank you Jessica, I know I can always count on you! ) A couple of people had mentioned to Jeff that they were planning on coming, but no emails.  Since I am so OCD that I was constantly worrying if people had gotten their invitations, or if no one was coming and we had wasted buying all of that food, Jeff finally suggested that I send out an Evite reminder.

I very much appreciate Jeff's ability to be logical in the face of my anxiety, so I did just that, and sent it out last Thursday night.  WE GOT 3 REPLIES IN LESS THAN AN HOUR.  And we've been getting replies constantly since then. 

I thought that a written invitation would make people feel more welcomed, like it was a bigger deal, but I guess it's just easier in this day and age to reply to an email that is sent to you.  Plus, Evites are really cute and you can keep track of who's coming so easily. 

So, the moral of the story is, save your money, and save your time, and just send out an Evite.  :o)

1 comment:

  1. It shouldn't be that way, but, alas, it is. I admit I'm likely to be impressed by a handwritten invitation, then lose it in a pile and forget about it.

    ReplyDelete