Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Romney and Me

When Mitt Romney first started running, I wasn't too sure about it.  Just because someone is LDS, that doesn't give them an automatic "gimmie" in my book.  It actually makes them have to work that much harder to get my vote, because I am now not only evaluating them as a person with decent values, etc., but how well they are living up to the gospel, and all that that entails.

However, the more that I am learning about Romney, his wife Ann, and his running mate (who I think was fantastic choice, by the way), the more impressed I am, and I'm not on the fence anymore.

That said, there was a terrific article by the Eyres in the Deseret News entitled, "The "Mormon Speech" we wish Romney would give," that I absolutely loved.  It made me want to stand up and shout, "AMEN!", or at the very least, send it to my entire email contact list.  Since that isn't very practical, I decided to post it here, and then maybe you guys could send it to who you thought would enjoy it.

Because I am so tired of uninformed, prejudiced people, hiding behind their "sophistication" as they make comments that would cause outrage and accusations of bigotry if those statements were directed at any other religious group or minority.

Ok, rant over.

Anyway, here's the link:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865561304/The-Mormon-speech-we-wish-Romney-would-give.html?pg=1



1 comment:

  1. I've been meaning to do my own Mitt post. Definitely agree that his being LDS means he has to work /harder/ for my vote.

    ReplyDelete