Monday, November 14, 2011

My Awesome Friend

I have a friend, who, as the title might suggest, is awesome.  No, let me take that back.

She is. . . AWESOME!!!

I met her when we were living in the USU married housing trailer court, which was also awesome, by the way.  She was a "young" married girl (which really just meant younger than me), but we totally clicked.  We had had babies about the same time, and so we walked together every day to lose the baby weight, and it worked pretty darn great.

When we moved from Utah to North Carolina I was way sad to not have her around to hang out with everyday, but we've kept in touch with the occasional phone call and email, etc.  You know how it goes. 

Well, this "young mother," who was just starting out when I knew her, is now a mother of four (3 boys and a girl), two of whom have special needs.  Casey, her second son, is autistic, and her fourth child, Abby, has down syndrome.

My friend is not only awesome, but she has this AWESOME blog, mostly just about her life, but also about being a mom with special needs kids, and how hard it can be, but also how (get ready for it) awesome it is as well.

She wrote a really fantastic post a little while ago, defending the decision to go ahead with a pregnancy with a child who has down syndrome which I loved and wanted to post right away.  However, unlike her, I am not awesome, and I haven't blogged in a while, but I thought that I would (finally!) post the link now.

But first, I wanted to post a link to pix of her completely beautiful daughter:

http://www.mostlytruestuff.com/2011/11/abby-fix.html

Ok, here's the post I was talking about:

http://www.mostlytruestuff.com/2011/10/my-angry-down-syndrome-awareness-post.html

And the follow-up post, that you should read too, because it's...(wait for it)...awesome!!!

http://www.mostlytruestuff.com/2011/10/thanks-for-sharing.html

2 comments:

  1. Lexi is pretty awesome; thanks so much for sharing these. So loved reading about beautiful Abby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me cry, jerkwad! I hate crying. I miss your face. I miss losing weight in a way that I didn't even have to think about it- we just talked and walked and walked. Like pioneer children.

    You made my day.

    ReplyDelete