Thursday, February 16, 2012

Maternity Pants are a Go

Well, I finally did it.  I wasn't going to, but I did it.

I got my maternity clothes out of the attic, and into the closet, where they belong.

I was hoping to put it off a bit longer, but I realized the only one suffering was myself.  Ok, granted, I could say that I was still wearing my normal jeans, but they kept sliding down under the bump, so that I had to constantly yank up my waistband, or cutting into my abdomen, which was incredibly uncomfortable.

I think that it was a little (!) bit of pride, because everyone kept saying that I didn't even look pregnant, and I don't look huge (I never do in the beginning), and so I wanted to keep that illusion up.  But my deep-seated need for comfort above almost all else has come to the rescue.

I am 17 weeks along, which is the end of the 4th month, and I am seriously in my 2nd trimester now.  As of this morning I weigh 147, which means that I've gained 5 lbs so far.  According to the pregnancy weight tracker that I found online (thebabycorner.com, for anyone who's interested) that's at the low end of where I should be at 17 weeks, based on my BMI, and planning on only gaining the 25-35 lbs.

I'm right on track, so why am I so depressed?  Well, for a couple of reasons.  Last time, with Ben, I didn't start wearing maternity clothes until 18 weeks.  And even though I start out small, in my other pregnancies, I have more than made up for it once I pass the half-way mark.  To the tune of an average 65 + lbs gained each time!

Ok, I need to get out of panic mode, and realize that things this time are going to be different.  I am tracking what I eat, which I never did before, and I understand what 300 calories actually looks like, so I am not giving myself permission to eat a ton because I feel icky otherwise. 

Phew!   Ok, I'm off the ledge.  :o)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! I missed your announcement! You guys make the cutest freaking kids ever. Don't worry about the weight. If you had gained 20 by now, maybe. But ONLY 5 pounds? That could well be part water that you'll pee out tomorrow! Good for you for staying healthy through your pregnancy. It was because of you that I didn't gain my regular 50 with Casey (I have my kids early or it would be 60 or more). Guh. Why can't we live RIGHT next to each other?!

    Easiest weight loss EVER.

    ReplyDelete